Friday, August 11, 2023

Remembering the Good Times

Sympathy cards are always hard to make, especially when it's a close friend or family member. Then we never know the right words to write inside the card. But we as card makers know, it's important to make and send the card. The receivers will appreciate the thought more than we will ever know. 

Today's card image is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Beautiful Birds set, one of my favorite sets. 




After stamping, I've Copic colored this bird like a blue bird with vibrant shades of blue feathers and a warm peachy tummy.  He's nestled on a Dogwood branch in the middle of several beautiful flowers. 

I used Spellbinders Label 15 to die cut the decorative edge for the image.  The sentiment I had previously stamped and I used Penny Black's Elegant Stitches for the pretty stitched edge.  

This card is on a standard A2 top fold card base.  I covered the top with the green patterned paper and added the solid 1/2" vertical strip on the right side.  Then I secured the image and the sentiment layers as shown to complete this design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Paper Funday ~ August Challenge #56 ~ Anything Goes  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 607-608   (Top 3)

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 116

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

 Bird: B91, B93, B95, B12, YR00, E01, YR23, YR27, Branch: E71, E74, Leaves: G40, G43, G46, Dogwood: E42, E43, Around image: YR0000

Products 






8 comments:

  1. Such a soft, gentle card for a difficult time Pam - well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, just the right feel for a sympathy card and love the detailed stitching around the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored Sympathy card, Pam. Always a difficult card to make. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sad occasion but a beautiful card,
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always difficult to make these type of cards but you have made a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card for a sad occasion
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Pam, and I'm certain it was appreciated. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing everyone's creativity.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete