Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Hummer In the Morning

Today I'm sharing a Thinking of You card I recently made and used for a sympathy card. 

I used a wooden stamp that I scanned so that I could adjust the sizing.  This is Inkadinkado's 'Hummingbird Morning Glory'.



After printing the image about 3" in size, I used Prisma colored pencils for coloring the image. I colored several layers to obtain the dark tones and then used Gamsol and a Q-tip to carefully blend each area of color. 

The decorative edge was achieved using the Tattered Lace Hemstitch Square die set.  I used the die on the completed image and on the plaid background matting.  Next I secured both layers onto a top fold white card base.  The sentiment is stamped and die cut from Sweet 'n Sassy's, Script Sentiments.  I secured it at the bottom right corner of the card front.  Lastly I added the light lavender organza ribbon and bow at the fold of the card to complete the design.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 145  

Inspiration Station ~ August Challenge  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 212 

Through the Purple Haze - Challenge 207 (Floral/Stamp/Ribbon) 

World Wide Crafters & Colourist - Challenge 8

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 







 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Pam, and I must remember that tip of scanning a stamped image to resize it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous
    Love how you made your image bigger
    Very nice xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Pam. Great coloring! Thanks for the sizing tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam this is a gorgeous card. I love the colours you chose. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    Gail DT

    ReplyDelete