Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Color Palette Background Challenge

One of the biggest and best parts about Stamp Camp 2023 was watching and learning about backgrounds for cards.  With the exception of just a few, most of the things that were shown were all new to me!  I was super excited and tried to soak in as much as I possibly could.

This past weekend, the challenge on the Stampers Swap site was for a Color Palette Background, which was one of the new ones we were taught.  Lynne used acrylic inks however here at home, I used water colors.

This is all new to me, and honestly just looks like a hot mess most of the time!  But I'm not giving up because I enjoy learning new things and about new products.   Here is the color palette we were given and I'll reference the videos at the bottom of the blog. 


With my watercolor paper taped down to my glass mat, here's what my completed color palette paper looked like.


After drying, I added a few stamps from the Unity Stamp Company, All the Stories, doodles with gold Stickles, a silver gel pen, and a blue paint pen.  Then I cut each piece in half to make four A2 size cards. 

Next I basically pulled things from my desk top that I'd colored or stamps that were there waiting to be stamped, to put together the four cards. 

For the first one, I used Beccy's Place, Fairy Travels (discontinued) and a sentiment from my stash.  Both are raised on foam. It's a bit hard to see, the swirls are gold Stickles and the XOXO are silver metallic gel pen.

For the second card, I used Unity Stamp Co. Panda Bear Bundle by Lisa Arana.  This cute little panda is also popped up with foam and the dots on the banner were done using Nuvo Red Berry Crystal Drops. 


On to the second piece of water coloring and the first card, I've used a cute little Polkadoodles chick from Wings of Love.   This one has a good bit of doodling, along with the enamel dots and a bit of washi tape along the bottom. 


Lastly, a thankful for you card.  All stamping on this one ~ no coloring.  I used Gina K's Bitty Blossoms and a few random enamel dots.  Amazing how the placement of the flower was just perfect.


I am thankful for YOU for wading through this Long blog posting today! 

I appreciate you stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 211  

Sunday Stamps ~ Challenge 315 ~ Summer Vibes   (Top 3)

We Love 2 Create ~ Challenge 7  

Crafty Calendar ~ August Challenge  

Beccy's Place ~ August Challenge


Pam's Pearls 

Video References:

Here is the technique video using acrylic paints
https://youtu.be/SIywgiXCyTA
Here is the technique using watercolor paints
https://youtu.be/XmCE98lvwCA









 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing backgrounds, Pam. They worked perfectly with the images you've chosen! I may have to give this technique a try as well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty backgrounds, Pam - love that wash technique! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty take on our color combo!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Summer Vibes" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Love that colorful scripted background you created for your flowers!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC315

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking classes and finding new ways to use techniques, and certainly you've had a good play with your wonderful background makes! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete