Saturday, August 26, 2023

Gnometastic Birthday Surprise!

This week's Polkadoodles Design Team members were given a TRIPLE challenge for our inspirational cards.  They needed to be 1. Birthday, 2. Include a number, and 3. Use a color palette.

For mine, I selected Polkadoodles Gnometastic Birthday Surprise digital for the main image and made this 'Over the Hill'  Easel card.




I started by sizing the image to about 3" tall and layering in the '40' in the balloon.  I printed this on Neenah 110# cardstock. 
This is the color palette we were given to use ~ 
 and I used my Copic markers for my coloring.  The edge is die cut using a standard rectangular stitched die.

For the Easel shaped base, I started with the deep aqua green solid cardstock, cut 5 1/4" x 11".  It was scored at 2 3/4" and 5 3/4" to make the tent fold.  

On the top of the 5 1/4" piece, I added two 3/4" strips from the Polkadoodles Birthday Fun Paper packI mounted the colored image on the balloon paper (4 5/8" x 5 5/8") and then added the solid yellow cardstock (5" x 5 7/8") behind it.  Then I secured this piece to the folded 2 3/4" piece to fit under the edge of the candle strip.  Lastly I used a black fine point sharpie to hand write on the flag 'Over the Hill!'. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

World Wide Colourist and Crafters ~ Challenge 8  

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 117 

Time Out Challenge ~ Challenge 245 ~ Colorful  

Crafty Calendar ~ August Challenge 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

 BG45, BG49, B01, YG05, YG25,  Y18, Y19, R14, R24, N2, N5, W4 

 

Products 

9 comments:

  1. Such a fun card pam, and I think that gnome is such a fun image - your colouring is wonderfully vibrant also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute image, amazing coloring and fantastic fun fold and card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this
    Love the colors you have chosen
    Adorable
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, its nice to see a shaped card, the gnome image is beautifully coloured
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, love your bright and colourful design and the beautifully coloured gnome. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam... what a cute, cute, cute birthday card. The gnome is priceless. Thanks for joining and sharing at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful bright colours and great backing paper.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright colours you have used. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great birthday card. I like the candles as the 'stopper'.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete