Saturday, December 17, 2022

You Caught My Heart

Happy Saturday from Polkadoodles, UK,  and the Design Team. Today we are sharing 'Winter Sports' cards.  

Being from South Carolina, our winters are very mild compared to many places.  However one of the advantages  of living on Lake Murray is we always have lots of fishing tournaments and many boats of fishermen in our view.   Based on that, I decided on a 'winter' fishing card for today. 

I selected "Ice Fishing" from the Octavia Frosted Winter Collection.




While Octavia would make a cute card all by herself, I wanted more of a 'scene' for this project.  Back on Polkadoodles for a search and I found the Igloo image.  This would be a perfect background image for my card scene.

After placing the two images where I wanted them using Photoshop Elements, I printed the image on 110# Neenah cardstock.  

With purple being my favorite color, this was a fun image to create using Copic markers.  It's the first time I've used shades of purple to pink to make the sky, I'm sure you'll see that again in future cards.  

When I went to mat the card, I couldn't decide on aqua blue or purple...such decisions....  So I matted in the aqua blue and made the card base in the deep purple.   

The sentiment came from Polkadoodles, Love Always Sentiments, which I printed separately.  I secured the sentiment at the bottom left and added the bling 'snow' to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Di's Digital Challenge ~ Winter 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 573-574 

Through the Craftroom Door ~ December 6th Challenge 

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 189 ~Winter (Not Christmas) 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 100 

International Art & Soul ~ Challenge 148 ~ Winter

 

Pam's Pearls

Copics

Igloo: BG02, BG45, B00, Ice: B60, B63, Pipe at Door: C4, Door: E71, E74 Y19, Girl's Coat/Pants: V12, V15, V17, Boots: N4, N6, Hair: E21, E23, E74, Arrows & Carton BV20, BV23, C3, Bird: BV20, BV23, E42, Water: B02, B00, BG11, B0000, Sky: BV34, BV00, BV31, V20, V000, V0000


Products 












7 comments:

  1. Such a fun winter scene and beautifully colored! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully coloured scene with a brilliant sentiment,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a really pretty scene and the colours of your layers work perfectly.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scene! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that looks cold - but beautifully done though.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation, great image and I love the sentiment.
    Very best wishes for the New Year.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card..Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge 😊
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete