Sunday, December 18, 2022

Being Together

Not to stereotype 'men', but I think most would agree that husbands just don't think about giving their wives cards often.  Maybe on their birthday or anniversary, but probably even that is rare.  

But for those gentlemen that do have the love of a pretty card for their wives and take the time to make that happen, hats off to you from me and many other card makers and wives!

I happen to have a repeat client that is one of those rare cases.  He enjoys have cards made for his wife and his three children for every occasion throughout the calendar year. 

I really searched a long time to find 'just the right' image for his card gift to his wife for this Christmas.  I finally came across this red cardinal family and knew immediately this one would be perfect ~ especially with the three baby birds! 

When he stopped by to pick it up, his broad smile and kind words made my heart happy.  



 To make this card, I sized the image to about 4" x 6" and printed it on 110# Neenah cardstock.  I used Copic markers for the coloring and the Copic Sepia Multi-liner pen.  

After selecting the red dotted paper for the background, I used the Tattered Lace Hemstitch die set for the image and background paper.  I also used this die around the stamped sentiment.

Both the background and image layers are secured in the center to the white 6" square top fold card base.  Then the sentiment is added in the bottom right corner to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Alphabet Challenge ~ December ~ S=Snow 

Jingle Belles ~ Decemeber ~ Wrapping it Up 

Winter Wonderland ~ End of Year 

Country View Challenge ~ December ~ Christmas  

Day of the Month ~ Challenge 46 ~ Christmas 

Mirtillamente Challenge ~ Challenge 15 ~ Christmas 

Moving Along with the Times ~ Challenge 149 ~ December  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 573-574

Pam's Pearls

 

  


5 comments:

  1. Fab card ! Thank you so much for joining our Christmas Challenge over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and love Red Cardinals, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image and a perfect sentiment - I'm sure they both loved it.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a cute red cardinal family and what a perfect fitting sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. All the best for the New Year! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete