Sunday, December 11, 2022

Tweeting by with Merry Christmas Greetings

During this past November, Kit and Clowder offered a freebie from their sponsor Conie Fong. Today I'm sharing that sweet image, Red Robin with Berries.


And as you scroll down past the image, your mind is saying, that's not a Red Robin?   The joy of card making  - we can make the bird any color we want.  I'm very partial to the blue birds that frequent my yard with their bright peachy breast.  

I sized the bird to about 2 1/2" tall and printed her on 110# Neenah cardstock.  The Copic markers I used for the coloring are listed below for your reference. 

I selected Gina Marie's Pierced Oval for the beautifully delicate edge on the completed image. 

The  card base is color matched to the berries and Santa hat and cut to 5" square with a top fold.  When I selected the blue snowflake paper, I noticed the paper pack had a coordinating border piece with the word strip on it. I cut a 1" strip and used across the bottom of the snowflake paper. Then I secured the oval to the center to complete the design.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beyond the Blues ~ Challenge 5 ~ Winter Holidays

Winter Wonderland ~ End of the Year ~ Christmas  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 641  Week 2 

CD Plus Challenge ~ Challenge 100

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hat: R05, R29, R46, Bird: B23, B24, B28, E93, E95, Branch: G94, YG93, R05, R46

Products




 


6 comments:

  1. Love the image, and you're right, it's fun to color things any way you want, the bird looks great in blue! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a tweetie! Thanks so much for joining us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful blue Robin Pam, and a gorgeous card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colours you've chosen and the backing paper is great!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his blue feathers. When I first saw your Robin the temp in my Conservatory (where my PC is) was just above freezing. I thought - how appropriate. Very unusual Pam.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, I too love you colour choices.
    Very best wishes for the New Year.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete