Thursday, December 8, 2022

Light Up the Holidays

Today's Christmas card is one I made for a Sketch Challenge in one of my card swap groups. Here's the completed card using Newton's Nook, Holiday Mischief.




 Here's the sketch that each of us followed.




I started by stamping the cat in tangled lights  on cardstock.  I colored the image with my Copic markers, which are listed below.  Then I die cut it with a standard circle die, and cut the green solid mat with the die that is up one size.

I pulled the vertical strips from my scraps pile, being sure one of them included cats.   Each strip was then secured to the 5" card base.  After deciding where the image would fit, then I cut the white rectangle piece and stamped the sentiment centered in the open space.  Once it was added to the card base, then I secured the circle image to the center of the card,  overlapping the rectangle slightly. Lastly I added a Christmas tree brad at the sentiment to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Paper Funday ~ Challenge 48 

Crafty Friends Challenge  ~ December ~ Challenge 162 

Mirtillamente  ~ Challenge 15 ~ December 

Stamp + Fun + Creativity ~ Challenge 422 ~ Christmas with Animals  

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Cat: N1, N3, N5, N8, R20, Lights: Y15, R46, YG09, YR04, B06, BV04, BG72

 Products 

 



  





3 comments:

  1. What a fun card Pam - I love how you have coloured the cat!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great intrepretation of the sketch and adorable card. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday
    The Inspiration Station
    **starting 15 January - Beautiful Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cute image and I love your mix of papers too!

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete