Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Candy Cane Wishes

On one of my card swapping groups, the tech challenge was a Double Flap Fold card.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for that challenge using Di's Digital Designs, Candystar Ted.



 I just purchased this image from Di's Digital Designs during her current sale when I signed up for the Tech Challenge.  They always give us a Youtube link, which I'll list below for your reference also.   I thought this cutie would be perfect as a stand alone image on the Double Flap Fold card.  

I followed the video and made the fancy fold card, thinking I should do these more often!  I knew I'd be using red on the image coloring so I selected the red dotted swiss patterned paper for the base.  

After measuring the space available for the image, I sized it and then printed it on 110# Neenah cardstock.  I used Copic marker for coloring and then carefully cut the completed image out.  After adding the dark edge to the cutout then I simply secured it to the front of the card.  If you look too closely I actually should have sized it a little smaller, but it's fine.  Also I would have normally added a sentiment but the example we were given to follow didn't have anything other than the image so I left it as is.  Super cute! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 49 ~ Candy Canes - Top 5

Crafty Friends Challenge ~ December ~ Challenge 162

Cupcake Inspirational Challenge ~ Challenge 449 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 284 ~ Christmas 

Di's Digital Designs ~ December ~ Winter Holiday ~ Random Number Winner

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bear: B31, B34, B35, B37, R20, Bow: B21, B23, B24, Candy Cane: G28, C0, Suit: R17, R35, R37, Star: Y15, Snow: B60, B63, B66

 

Products


Youtube Reference 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1PanrjJjmII1o-ttS-b9G7W5utQ8v7fcuNZ41m_lgwqpY2v67HI3-qYyw&v=T4ElZo7LIcY&feature=youtu.be



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding holiday time to participate at My Time To Craft Christmas' candy canes theme!! Super cute! And way to go on making a fancy folded card base! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I LOVE that image. Your coloring is incredible!! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges!!

    Nora
    CIC DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, I like that image and the coloring as well. Great card! Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
    Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sweet card.. Thank you for joining us at DI’s Digi Challenge 😊
    Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete