Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Snowy Delivery

If you've been following my blog for a while, you will remember that each Christmas I make a special 'postal themed' card for our mail carrier and friend.  She always gives us the best service all year long and is a super nice lady to have a little chat with too. 

This year I selected Sheepski Designs, Christmas Post Box, for my special card.  It's also special since I won this design from a challenge blog I had posted on.  When I was selecting my free digital file and saw this, I knew it would be perfect for her.



 I sized the image to just over 4" and printed it on Neeanh 110# card stock.  I used my Copic markers for coloring and then carefully trimmed around the leaves at the bottom. 

For the burgundy frame, I selected Spellbinder's Gulded Nested Rectangle die.  I selected the berry paper and the blue mat and the white card base. 

For the steps to actually put it together, I started by cutting the blue mat to fit the card base, then I secured it.  I cut the patterned paper 1/2" smaller than the blue background and attached it.  The burgundy frame was way more difficult as it had to allow the longer leaf to hang outside the frame but cover up the edges of the colored image.  I really like the way it turned out. 

...Rest of the story... I had been missing my mail carrier for a while, but kept thinking she just came when I wasn't home.  As the holiday was drawing nearer and I never saw her I finally was able to connect to her via text messaging.  I was so sad to hear that she had in fact retired several weeks ago and then her husband had passed unexpectedly.  My heart just breaks for her and her family.  We are not guaranteed tomorrow, so never hesitate to tell someone you love them or you are thinking of them.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Perfect Time To Craft ~ December 

Mirtillamente December 15th Challenge 

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 69 ~ Tis the Season 

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 137 ~ Christmas 

Cupcake Inspiration ~ Challenge 559 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge 100

International Art & Soul ~ Challenge 148 ~ Winter  

52 Christmas Card Throwdown ~ Challenge 148 ~ Snowflakes

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Bird: B0, BG02, B60, B63, E93, E95, E41, E42, YR27, C6, Post Box: R56, R59, C5, C3, C1, E71, E74, Limbs: E74, Berries: R35, R37, Leaves: YG63, YG95, YG97, Snow: B60, B63, C1

 

Products  


Sheepski Designs, Christmas Post Box




Spellbinder, Gilded Nested Rectangles


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! You used snowflakes very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love bird cards. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful Robin. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty image and the backing paper is perfect. I'm so sorry to hear the mail lady's sad news. To retire and then your life partner passes away is so very hard to cope with.
    Merry Christmas Pam.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your winter scene is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully constructed card, I love a robin!
    Very best wishes for the New Year.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - the leaf over the edge of the frame looks just perfect!

    Thanks for joining us at the SheepSki Designs Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete