Friday, May 3, 2024

Weekend Sketch Challenge

Most card makers enjoy following a sketch for their layout, especially if they are stuck and searching for a different design.  I'm the odd one - as a sketch is truly a challenge for me, my least favorite thing to do.  

Sometimes being supportive on a card swap site though is important too, so here's my completed sketch card from the weekend challenge.   




Here's the sketch we were given to follow ~ 

I started by selecting the flower image I wanted to use.  The single rose is part of the Creative Worship Stamps by Sweet 'N Sassy, Roses for You  set.  I colored it with Copic markers and used the coordinating rose die. 

From there I selected coordinating papers to match the rose and then used Gina Marie Designs Fish Tail Banner to cut the tag designs. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions, Sentiment Strips ~ Sympathy Set.   

After securing each layer as shown, I added the white organza ribbon at the fold to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 114 ~ Flowers  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 714 ~ Stamps  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 645-646  


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Rose: R24, R27, R29, R46, Leaves: YG91, YG93, YG95

 

Products

Creative Worship Stamps by 


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty
    I'm like you, hard to follow a sketch
    I end up breaking the rules and doing my own thing lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card sketch design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete