Wednesday, May 15, 2024

A Cuddle....

I'm back this afternoon to post with the All Dressed Up Digital Design Team as we open the May Challenge.  For my Design Team card, I've selected , A Cuddle Makes It All Better.




Like all ADU images, she was such fun to color with my Copics. I used the Elegant Stitching Rectangle dies from Penny Black to get the decorative edge and then added the 1/4" burgundy matting.  

After selecting the deep aqua polka dotted and the heart patterned papers I couldn't decide which to use for the background - so I decided on this layout to incorporate both!  I added the solid deeper shade of orange and matted each piece with the burgundy for consistency. 

I used a 5 3/4" square card base and secured the layers as shown in the photo.  After adding the yellow fabric flower, I found the aqua button and threaded a thin strip of burgundy paper as the 'thread' before attaching to the center of the flower.  Lastly I completed the card design with the yellow organza ribbon and bow at the top fold. 

I hope you will join us on the All Dressed Up Challenge for May and also visit the Facebook group to see other design team inspirational cards. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 133  

Lil Patch Crafty Friends  ~ Challenge 229

Creative Fingers   ~ Challenge 277  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Dog: E30, E31, E33, Bow: BG45, BG49, 

Girl:  Hair: E41, E42, E43, E44, Dress: R56, R85, R83, R81

Background: BG10, BG11, Y0000, Y11, Y00, Grass: YG13, YG17, G07

 

Products  


Penny Black, Elegant Stitching


5 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card. A very cute image with the perfect sentiment, lovely layout and great choice of papers.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image and I like your finished card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet pair. Reminds me of my daughter when she was a lot younger, with one of the dogs.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a cute image with great coloring and cool card design.
    Thank you sharing with us at CD Sunday Plus!
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete