Saturday, May 11, 2024

Anyone Can Be Cool

Today I'm sending out special Happy Birthday wishes to one of my special girlfriends who has been through many of life's situations with me since my early working career. 

The image of the stacked cups reminded me of how life sometimes gives us wobbly situations and yet how strong friendships can hold us all together. 



After printing the image I used Copic markers for the coloring.  Then I selected the floral background paper and used Gina Marie Designs Label Three for the decorative edges.  

With the way the image ended (incomplete saucer), I cut across the image and mat. I added the alternate strip of lavender cardstock and the pink ribbon to give the image a table top look.   Then all the layers were secured to the navy card base.

I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things, Friends Like Us and die cut it with the same Gina Marie set. I added a layer of foam behind the sentiment and secured it to the card front to complete the design. 

Hopefully the card made it through the mail to my girlfriend in time for her special day today! 

Happy Birthday Rhonda!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Top Cup:  Y15, Y18, B21, B23, B34, B37, B45, 

Middle Cup:  G07, YG09, G40, G41, RV66, RV55, RV52, Y28

Bottom:  V25, V22, V20, G07, BG000

 

 

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Pam and I love that sentiment!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Pam,love the teacups and die-cut frames.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to yoir friend
    She will love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete