Sunday, May 26, 2024

Today A Bride

Last month I had the honor of making a very special Mother/Daughter card.  My customer's daughter was about to be married... 



 
I really wanted this to be a special card and it took quite a while for me to design. 

For the background I used 'The Folder'  ~ one of the first Embossing folders to become the rave and a must have  when it came out in a magazine publication.   

For the 'Bride' image, I used Unity Stamps', Good Be Wonderful image and Gina Marie Designs Pleated Circle.  Finding an image for the 'Mother' wasn't as easy.  I wanted it to be a view from the back, have shoulder length hair and the v-shaped neckline dress.  Eventually I found a google image that was close and was able to modify it to get to the image I used. I used the Art Impressions, Decorative Journal Page Set
die for this image.  After Copic coloring both images, I set them aside.  

I used a 6" card base and secured the pink embossed background on the card front.  I secured the white flatback pearls as shown on the center wave line. 

I think the sentiment says it all for this special card.  
'Today a Bride ~ Forever My Daughter'
 I printed the sentiment on the computer and secured it across the bottom, then secured the mother image on the left side.  I added a layer of foam behind the Bride image and secured her near the top on the right side. This completed the card design and my customer loved it! 


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Creative Knockout ~ Challenge 522 ~ Beccy's Place  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 717  

Crafty Gals ~ Challenge 255  

Passion for Markers ~ Week 740  


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Mother: B37, B39, B45, B93, B97, Hair: C4, N5, Bride: Hair: E43, E42, E41, Dress: RV00, RV0000, C00 

Products 

Unity Stamps, Good Be Wonderful





5 comments:

  1. That is s very special card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete

  3. a beautiful card, very elegant and refined, the coloring is perfect, I love the background created with the folder, congratulations and good luck, thanks for joining Creative Knockouts Taty

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid wedding card. Very special. thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

    ReplyDelete