Friday, May 24, 2024

Perfect Harmony

Today I'd like to share this week's image from my Scripture Journal that I continue to work on each week.  We were given Colossians 3:14 this week to depict in some form of art into our journals.  

For mine, I selected the beautiful 'Sweet Pea' that was the May Freebie if you are a subscriber to Beccy's Place Challenge Blog.



I sized the flower to about 4' tall and layered a calligraphy image of the scripture next to it.  It's printed on 110# Neenah cardstock and then Copic colored. 

I used the Sizzix Framelits Hearts for the decorative edge.  With my journal only being just under 5" wide,  I turned the heart to get the entire image and leave enough space to add the heart patterned paper for the background.   

I trimmed the background paper to 4 3/4" square and secured the image close to the top, then added the cross washi tape across the bottom edge. Then of course I added the completed piece to my journal book and to the online album in our group.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 522  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 649-650  

I Love Promarkers ~ Week 720 ~ Special Anniversary  

Creations in Pink ~ Challenge 70  

Beccy's Place ~ May Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flowers: R56, R81, R83, R85, Leaves: G000, YG63, YG91, YG93

 

Products 








 

8 comments:

  1. Your scripture journal page is beautiful Pam. I love the colour you selected for the flower, it coordinates perfectly with the patterned paper you used, and I love the curly font of the verse.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Pam, and a beautiful way to use the sweet pea
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delightful, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing with us again at Word Art Wednesday. It's a blessing to have you play along and I will be forever grateful for every lovely card you share with us. It really does mean the world to me, and I truly appreciate you and the art you share with us. Have a blessed and creative week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty image and your colouring of these sweet peas is fab! Love how you've placed them in the heart shape too - looks great! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely looking card. Sweet! Thanks for playing along with us over at PFM while we are celebrating our years in the blogland!
    Love n hugs
    Marie, PFM DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty image Pam and lovely colouring of the sweet peas

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for markers 15th Anniversary challenge…. 💗

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks for sharing at Passion For Markers this week with your wonderful card. Your link to our challenge blog is correct but the title is for another challenge, could you please amend your post, thanks?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete