Saturday, May 18, 2024

Flowers & Leaves

Today I'm sharing the results of my first attempt at Black Out Embossing Technique.  I seriously almost threw the panel in the trash thinking I had to have done something wrong. There is a lot of black on the flower petals!  

But as I looked at other examples, I realized that was the way this works.  The  pattern of the 3D folder makes a difference. Some will not have as much ink on the flower as others, but that doesn't make it wrong.  

For this project, I had used Altenew's Flowers and Leaves 3D 6" Embossing Folder. 

Here's the final two cards, as I cut the piece into two panels and each made a mini slimline card. 


As you can see I used various Distressed oxides on the flowers.  Then I used a very full and juicy Versa Fine Clair ink pad and keeping it flat, pulled over the entire image to fill in all the void spaces.  After it had dried, I cut the panels apart, added the coordinating matting, ribbon and sentiment and mounted on blue cardstock card bases.  I added the pearls to the flower cent on the left and then added the dragonflies to both cards. 

And also wishing my friend Janice a very Happy Birthday today with the card on the left. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Note: Blogger is not linking with hyperlink-adding manual links

Aloha Friday Challenge ~ Challenge 10

https://alohafridaychallenge.blogspot.com/2024/05/aloha-frida-challenge-10-reminder.html

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 11 

https://craftrocketchallenges.blogspot.com/2024/05/challenge-114-flowers.html 

Moving Along with the Times ~ Challenge 116 ~ Flowers

https://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2024/05/may-challenge-166-flowers.html

 Altenew ~ May 2024 Inspirational Challenge

https://blog.altenew.com/altenew-may-2024-inspiration-challenge/

Pam's Pearls

 

Products #Altenew


Altenew Flowers & Leaves 3D Embossing Folder

https://altenew.com/products/flowers-leaves-3d-embossing-folder?variant=32607383945298&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwo6GyBhBwEiwAzQTmc3TRuTtgB4oe-_GJcZhxA_1vChPMhJNheX-tnDH8Of3CP_IohTwH3xoCIPUQAvD_BwE
 

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I need to try this technique. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your results Pam - I have that folder, thank you for your inspiration to get it out and get inky
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Pam,
    what beautiful creations and they are so colourful too.
    Love the wonderful designs.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

    ReplyDelete