Thursday, May 23, 2024

A Sunflower Birthday!

Today I'm sharing the birthday card I recently made for my friend Joan's birthday.  I admire her card making daily as she posts her creations, which of course makes it even harder to decide on a card worthy of sending to her.  

I decided on using a new Embossing folder, knowing she loves Altenew and embossing folders.  I selected the Altenew, Sunflower Bundle Embossing Folder turning it 'sideways', putting the flowers across the bottom of the image.  



There are so many ways to proceed with this folder design.  I most comfortable Copic coloring, which is how I proceeded.  

I used the Pink & Main, Stitched Rectangle Dies once the coloring was completed.  I selected a green patterned paper for the background and the kraft 5" square top fold card base.   After securing the background paper, I added the sunflower image just slightly down from the top, leaving about 1" from the bottom.  Lastly I added the brown burlap trim across the bottom of the image and the Happy Birthday tag at the top. 

Happy Birthday Joan! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 114 ~ Flowers  

Paper Funday ~ Challenge 65  ~ Random Org pick - Guest Designer Invitee

Moving Along with the Times ~ May Challenge 166 ~ Flowers  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 278  

Altenew May 2024 Inspirations Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Leaves: G21, YG45, YG63, YG61, Petals: Y08, Y13, Y15, Y19, Center: E11, E13, Background: B000

 

Products 






 

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Joan
    Hope she has a great day 🌻
    This is just beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful birthday card using the sunflower folder. Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty birthday card for your friend, I'm certain she will treasure it. And you can't go wrong with Sunflowers. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope to see you again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete