Wednesday, April 24, 2024

When They Saw the Star

I've put together another Christmas card for the BYSH Cardmakers Spring into Christmas 2024 Linky Party and wanted to share it with you today. 

I've used another vintage stamp, this one is Camel Silhouette from Stampington & Co.  The artist, Christine Adolph, is famous for engraving the words of love and romance into the images of her stamps. 




 I used an Ivory cardstock and stamped the image with Pine Cone Versa Fine Clair ink, then die cut it into the oval using Gina Marie Designs X-Stitched Oval Frames

For the background I stamped Sweet 'n Sassy's, Psalm 23 and scanned it so that I could size it for my card base.  After printing it also on Ivory cardstock, I used the Stampin' Up, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, then die cut with the Gina Marie Designs, X-Stitched Rectangle Frames. 

For the sentiment I used Sweet 'n Sassy's Let Us Rejoice, also stamped in Pine Cone on Ivory and trimmed it close to the words.  

Then I used Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide to cover the background piece and tint around the edges of the image and the sentiment pieces.  I selected a navy A2 card base and secured each layer as shown.  Lastly I added a very light line of Platinum Stickles to the star to give the card a hint of sparkle. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

BYSH Cardmaker Spring into Christmas 2024  ~ Winner

The Holly and The Ivy Christmas ~ Challenge 161  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 228  

Peace on Earth ~ Challenge 62

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 

Stampington & Co, Camel Silhouette  

Stampin' Up, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Retired)

Gina Marie Designs, X-Stitched Ovals

Gina Marie Designs, X Stitched Rectangles

Sweet 'n Sassy, Psalm 23

Sweet 'n Sassy, Let Us Rejoice

11 comments:

  1. Very nice card
    Love the background xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Pam! I love the script on the stamp... so unique! Thanks for playing along with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing beautiful cards like this with the real reason for Christmas. Love the BG text!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner Pam - love your pairing of the stamp with the background, and clever use of the stamped image in the background, scanning and enlarging it to 'fit.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty. Love how you've put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty background for your silhouette! Thanks for joining us at the Spring Into Christmas Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!!! Your background is so great. Thank you for linking your card to the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party

    ReplyDelete