Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A Part of Your Heart

Although I've been making cards for many years, the card I'm sharing today was a 'first' for me.

I've have a lot of friends who own horses and I've even had beautiful pastures and horses on our property in the past.  But I've never had any of those friends loose their beloved horse.  

After several long weeks of watching Mateo struggle with bone cancer, he passed during the recent eclipse. 



 As I searched around for ideas for this card I ran across this digital image.  It was the perfect silhouette of my friend and her horse. Although normally I would have used an image to complete with my Copic coloring, I felt I couldn't top the feelings shown in this photo. 

After sizing the image and sentiment for my 6" card base, I printed them on my Eco-tank ink jet printer to get a really good quality print.  I secured the image to the base then added the aqua strip and the sentiment at the bottom.  To finish the design I added the black twine at the fold and the heart charm at the bow. 

The card was filled with love and prayers and sent on to our beautiful friend Lilli. 

Photos by 
Lanette Rickens









Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 82  

Farm Quest General Store ~ Challenge 15  

Lil Patch Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 227

 

Pam's Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Pam: thanks for sharing at FarmQuest General Store for our anything farm and/or country goes topics! We love seeing projects about horses. Creating this for a friend who is mourning the loss of her equine companion is very thoughtful and will melt your friend's heart every time she looks at. --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will touch anyone's heart xoxo

    ReplyDelete