Friday, April 19, 2024

She Will Not Fall

Today's card was a special remake request of the one I made for her several years ago.  I guess I'm not the only one that loves this little stained glass angel especially when paired with the Psalm 16:5.



 
Rarely do I work 'in reverse' (picking my paper first) but for this card I wanted to use this beautiful marbleized paper from Craft Consortium.   I sized the stained glass angel to about 3" tall and the scripture to about 2" tall. 
                        
I used my Copic markers to color the angel and tried to use shades of green that would be complimentary to the colors in the paper.  My customer also provided a photo of the person she wanted the card for and I colored the angel's hair to match. When completed I carefully cut around the angel and then used Copic BG49 to outline the edges and cover any white paper core.  

I used Tattered Lace Nesting Beaded Chain Square Dies for the background paper and for the gold metallic paper.  The sentiment was die cut using Gina Marie Designs Label Three. 
                                    
For the assembly I used a 6" card base with the fold on the left.  I secured the marbleized paper on the base then added gold horizontal banner across the middle and the vertical gold strip on the left.  I added fun foam behind the angel before securing her to the card base and adding the sentiment to the right.  Lastly I added the mint organza ribbon at the fold and tied the cross in the knot to complete the card design. 
                      

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Gals Corner ~ Challenge 254   

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 557 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 643-644  

Cards Galore Encore ~ April

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Hair: E43, E42, E41, E40, E0000, R01, Gown: Y26, Y28, BG23, BG07, BG09, BG15, BG13, BG57, BG45, BG34, N7



             

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Pam - that is a beautiful angel, and a fabulous scripture to pair it with. Your colours on this card are exquisite
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing job you did
    Gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,love the beautiful Angel and p,paper, perfect with the psalm.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. The angel is perfect and so is the sentient. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete