Thursday, April 25, 2024

In the Wonder of the Season

When I made yesterday's Christmas card, I printed a few more panels of digital background paper at the same time.  With four spaces on the layout template, there's no need to leave them blank right?

For this card, I've used a print from the Christmas Vintage package on Creative Fabrica along with this cardinal from the Winter Birds stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.



After printing the panel, I embossed it with the Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Texture Impression Embossing Folder.  I trimmed it down to 3 3/4" x 5" and cut the black matting at 4" x 5 1/4".  Then I secured both layers to the A2 top fold card base. 

The bird was stamped on 110# Neenah cardstock, then colored with Copic markers and fussy cut it out.  I used Copic N6 marker to go over the outside cut edges to cover the white edges.  I added a bit of fun foam on the back of the cardinal to raise him up and found the green leafy stem to sit him on and secured both of those in the center of the card. Lastly I stamped the sentiment from the Rejoice Sentiment Builder set, mounted it on a strip of black cardstock, then secured it to the card base also. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 645/646  

Sweet 'N Sassy ~ April ~ Patterned Paper   

The Holly & The Ivy Christmas ~ Challenge 161  

BYSH Cardmaker Spring Linky

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Cardinal ~ Beak: YR24, YR27, Face: N7, Body: R37, R27, R25

 

Products 



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background
    What a cute little cardinal xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love that stamp set too!!! Thank you for linking your card to the BYSHC Spring into Christmas Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Pam! I love the pretty cardinal! Thanks for playing along with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card. The cardinal is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful Cardinal (my fave bird) and your BG is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete