Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Gentle Whisper

Today I'm sharing a watercolor embossed card.  This image is by Penny Black, Gentle Whisper.  My dear friend Lynne taught me this technique and I wish you could hold it to see the texture. 



Using heavy watercolor paper, I stamped the image with Versa Fine Clair Cheerful ink and then added clear embossing powder.  Next I heat embossed and boy did the texture pop!  

For the background I used Zig markers to water color the red flower details, leaf details and the aqua blue background.  After die cutting the edge with Tattered Lace Peach Sorbet Rectangle Die, I mounted the completed image on a 5" x 6" card base that I had covered with a coordinating striped paper.   I secured the sentiment strip at the bottom and randomly added three aqua bling dots around the flower to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Place to Start ~ April Challenge  

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 313 ~ Spring Colors  

Simon Says Stramps ~ Monday Challenge ~ Spring Flowers  

Penny Black ~ Saturday Challenge ~ April

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 

Penny Black, Gentle Whisper 

Tattered Lace, Peach Sorbet Rectangles

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the embosed flower and watercolouring.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty with those bright colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! 💕 Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete