Friday, April 5, 2024

Cancer Ribbon Colors

If you or someone you know has had cancer or is fighting it currently, you'd probably agree it has no boundaries and can be a very harsh disease.  It is amazing the progress that has been made in the treatments and survival rates. Yet some of the treatments are severe they can be brutal to live through also.  

Being a card maker though I think that I've only made or been asked to make cards for Breast Cancer patients or survivors.  That is until recently when I was asked to make one for a Colon Cancer patient using the 'Ribbon Colors'.  

My customer also picked Unity Stamps, Cecelia Girl from a recent posting which really made me happy for the posting to have impressed her.   

Here's her finished card ~ 



I was so amazed as I googled the ribbon colors for Colon cancer to find so many identified colors for the major types. 


After stamping the image with Momento ink I added the sentiment from the same package but used Nocturne Versa Clair Fine ink.  Then I used Copic markers for the coloring. 

For the decorative edges I used the Tattered Lace Lacy Days Square dies on the completed image and the floral matting.  I made the card base out of coordinating bright yellow.  Then with the fold on the left, I secured the floral mat and the image in the center.  I used a navy twine and wrapped near the fold, then tied a knotted bow.  Lastly I added the three randomly spaced blue enamel dots to complete the card design.   

Also by my customer's request, I stamped and colored a tiny dragonfly representing 'Hope', inside at the bottom of the writing space. 



 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 641-642  

Dream Valley  ~ Challenge 313 ~ Spring Colours  

The Crafting Challenge - April  

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 74  


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: N6, C6, C4, Dress: B28, B26, Grass: YG91, YG93, YG96, Hearts: R000, Dragonfly: B21, B23, B24

 

 

Products 

Unity Stamps, Cecelia Girl  

Tattered Lace Lacy Days Squares

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful, thoughtful card Pam - I too have encountered cancer in two family members - and yes, the treatment can be very harsh....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card
    Thank you for the ribbon chart
    Prayers for this receiver xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and gorgeous image Pam, the sentiment is perfect.We have had a few family members on both sides with cancer and yes the treatment can be very brutal!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete