Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Fishers of Men

Last night I had the pleasure of hosting the monthly ladies church meeting here at our home.  It turned out to be a rainy day and with my remote location 15 miles from town, the crowd was small.   But we still enjoyed a meal of BBQ sliders, broccoli slaw, chips and no calorie dessert  ~ brownies with ice cream and chocolate syrup.  

Being the 'crafty one' I usually try to make a little something for each of the ladies to take home,  something 'lake' related. 

This is what I came up with this time. 



Being a card maker, I have all of my patterned paper cut in 6" squares and sorted by colors.  When I cut an A2 size mat that usually leaves me about a 2" x 6" strip, which is perfect for making bookmarkers.   Of course I use those scraps for lots of other things too!  

For this project I used a speckled chocolate brown cardstock for the base and die cut them with Spellbinders Small Deckled Mega Rectangle die.  I trimmed the patterned paper to 2" x 5 1/4" and secured to each base.  

The fishing rod die actually has 'Hooked on Fishing' at the hook and was purchased from a Facebook seller, manufacturer unknown. Each letter was separate, which would have taken quite a while to assemble!  Since I needed 14 of the bookmarkers, I went with a printed scripture of Matthew 4:19, and used the Gina Marie Design Ric Rac Nesting Die for the edge of the printed circle.


 
After securing the fishing rod and the sentiment to the bookmarker, I added the yarn tassels to each one.  Lastly, I added the fish lapel pin in the top hole with the yarn.  These were gifted to me from another Christian friend and I wanted to pass them on to these special ladies. This is to be removed for wearing as an additional gift.  


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Perfect time to Craft ~ April  

Crafts Galore Encore ~ April  

Daisy Chain ~ Challenge 84 ~ Not a Square  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 643-644

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products  

Gina Marie Designs Ric Rac Nesting Dies 






 

3 comments:

  1. Just wonderful!
    Thank you for showing!
    Blessings from Switzerland,
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bookmarks, Pam. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete