Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Why Fit In?

Another family birthday today - Arizona yesterday and Texas today.  

Birthday greetings go out to Sabrina!

When I decided on an image for this card, I knew I wanted to use one of Beccy's Place, Cattitude images.  But when I searched to see what type of cat I needed to make, I have to say I thought I was in trouble when I saw their fur baby was a Siamese!  I've never tried to color a Siamese before, but now was the time to try.



 

After Copic coloring I fussy cut the image and set it to the side.  I pulled an orange paw print for the card background and used a strip of light brown dotted Swiss for a vertical strip for the image.  To add a bit of sparkle, I added the purple glitter  paper behind the brown.   

I secured the base of the cat and added some foam squares behind the cat's head for dimension.  After die cutting the sentiment tag, I added the purple glitter paper and secured both to the card front.  Lastly I added the purple twine at the fold and tied the Happy Birthday tag in the bow. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge 664  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 270  

Through The Purple Haze ~ Challenge 212 

Beccy's Place ~ January Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

E49, E47, E44, E43, E42, E41, N7

 

Products 




5 comments:

  1. This is a stunning, and fun, card Pam - you coloured the cat beautifully :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    You made a great job colouring the cat!
    Hugs from Liv in Switzerland (Swissie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and sentiment-love the cute image and your colouring is perfect.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe love this
    Love the coloring and the colors you chose xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done an amazing job colouring the Siamese cat Pam, it looks fantastic! I love the variation of colour. The purple glitter paper gives the card some fabulous sparkle, perfect for the occasion!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete