Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Raised Roses

Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for a lifetime girlfriend.   After working with Missy for many years, we continued to keep in touch when I retired and left that area.  You can imagine how surprised and thrilled I was to find out years later that she and her husband had moved to this area upon their retirement!  Now we get to continue our friendship and take advantage by having a play day once a month devoted to crafting together. 

For her birthday card, I've used the flower from Day 10 of Kit and Clowder's 2023 Advent calendar.   I've also used Cheery Lynn's Lattice Die 2 for the background. 




I started by sizing the flower for an A2 card and coloring it with Copic markers.  As you can tell that's not what direction it went in from there.  Next, I decided to hand cut it out and went on the hunt for a vintage type paper for the background.  

After selecting the floral, I used the lighter mint green cardstock for cutting the Cheery Lynn Lattice 2 die.  With the 2" strip left from cutting the die (the piece was 6" square), I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment and heat embossed it.  I used a tiny decorative die for that sentiment and added fun foam to the back of the completed tag. 

I'm not a card maker that is set on making every card an A2 size.  The floral background piece was also 6" square so I added the lattice about 1/2" from the edge of the floral piece.  Then I cut the right side the same 1/2".  I added foam behind the top third of the rose and added glue to the backside of the foam and to the flat part of the rose.  Then I secured the rose near the center of the lattice work making sure none of the foam was showing.   Lastly, I secured the sentiment in place, in the bottom right hand corner of the card front to complete her card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 94 ~ Birthday  

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 217 ~ Happy Birthday 

Beautiful Blossoms ~ Birthday Celebration 

Beautiful Blossoms 1st Birthday Challenge 

Creations in Pink ~ Challenge 66  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ Challenge 13

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Rose: R81, R83, R85, R56, Leaves: G46, YG63, YR24


Products 



  

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful
    Missy will definitely love and appreciate this card
    Your story is touching xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card. Your flower is lovely and your colouring skills are excellent. thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous floral and coloring Pam. And how exciting that your friend is near by. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring and great materials and composition!
    Thank you so much for entering this beauty in our Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete