Monday, January 8, 2024

When All Else Fails

If you're having a 'typical' Monday, this card's for you!  Or maybe it's later in the week and you're still having 'A Monday', this card's for you!

I enjoy the sentiments from Beccy's Place almost as much as her images and this one is another great one!  

Unfortunately, it's on her retirement list, along with a long list of other amazing packages.  I wish I could have ordered all of them!

This cute puppy is from Dog Tales



 

After sizing the image to just under 3" and printing, I colored him with my Copic markers.  Then I hand cut him our leaving about an 1/8" border and set him aside. 

The card base is a standard A2 size.  I love the animal print paper I ran across for the background.  I ran it through the machine using Darice's Paw Print embossing folder then secured it to the card base.

The die I used is actually a 'frame' die but I wanted the puppy to have the brown behind him also, so I just secured the rectangle back inside the frame.  I added fun foam to the back of the puppy's head, tail, and top part of his body and then secured him to the center of the die cut brown frame. 

The sentiment is from the same 'Dog Tale' package from Beccy's Place, printed and die cut with Gina Marie Designs Drop Pendant die.  It is also raised with fun foam and then secured to the card front to complete the card design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Beccy's Place ~ January Challenge 

Can You Handle the Pressure ~ Embossing Folder

C.R.A.F.T. ~ Challenge 703  

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 110 ~ Use Embossing  

The Male Room ~ Challenge 182 ~ Funny/Pun

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Puppy: E51, E53, E55, E57, Eyes: G28, Nose: N7, Tongue: R12  

 

Products 


6 comments:

  1. Awe he's so cute
    Adorable card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, and in my world there couldn't be a more true sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Pam! Love your coloring and the frame is super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Pam - love the way you mounted the dog, and your patterned paper is perfect for the card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a dog lover so I love your fun/pun sentiment. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at The Male room

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! Love that sentiment. Thanks for joining in at TMR.

    ReplyDelete