Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Through Life's Ups and Downs...

 I’m here.

In one of my card swap groups we have been working our way through the alphabet each month with making a swap card using something that started with the letter of the month.  For January, our Alpha Letter was “Y” and here’s my completed card.


 

I selected Y is for “Yo-Yo” and if you’ll notice carefully, it’s a DUNCAN yo-yo – my maiden name!   (Is there any other brand?) I used a couple of digital images to make this one as I wanted it to be the side view with the string up for the sentiment to go beside, then I wanted room for the butterfly and the DUNCAN logo to fit on the side.  Once I merged all three images together, then I layered the text close to the string and printed it on Neenah 110# cardstock.

I used my Copic markers for coloring and used Gina Marie Designs Label Six die set for the decorative edge.  I covered the A2 sized card base with the red dotted Swiss paper then secured the completed image to the center of the card.  Lastly I added the tiny bling dots randomly around the image to complete the design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cutie Pie ~ Challenge 190 ~ Feeling Sentimental  

Crafts Galore Encore ~ January Challenge  

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 221   

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Yo-Yo: B21, B23, Butterfly: B21, B24, B28, Y19, YR16, YR27, Duncan: R05, R27, String: E74, Rope: E13, E19, Shadow: E30 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use of the letter Y Pam - and how wonderful to be able to use a Duncan yoyo! A fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome
    You must keep this card forever
    Frame it!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super fun card and a fabulous image.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore January Challenge “Anything Goes”. Happy New Year 2024! x

    ReplyDelete