Friday, January 12, 2024

Be Still

 

Being still for some of us isn't easy to do.

Even after surgery or an event when you've been told 'you've got to slow down' it seems that's when you feel you have so much to do, so many others waiting on you and depending on you. 

It doesn’t take long before you find that your situation usually changes, and God puts you down to rest.   He has a way of getting our attention when we don’t do what is needed.

Today’s card was for my dear friend Martha – our ‘Energizer Bunny’ of our church ladies group. 

This image was one of the 2023 Advent images from Kit and Clowder, Day 16. 




I've over-sized it and pulled it off the layout size so that only a little over half of the flower is showing.   Next, I added a text layer and typed the sentiment, then printed.

I used just a few Copic markers for coloring  and used the Gina Marie Designs ScallopedStitched Rectangle dies for the image and the olive green matting.   I also added a burgundy liner mat between the two scalloped layers before securing all to the A2 standard card base. Lastly, I highlighted the center of the flower by randomly dotting with a gold metallic pen.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Crafty Addicts ~ Challenge 9

Crafting From the Heart ~ Challenge 8  

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ January  

Beautiful Blooms ~ Challenge 12  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 629-630

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flower: YR18, YR68, YR02, E95, E93, YR23, YR24, YR27

 

 

Products 

Kit & Clowder, Advent 2023, Day 16

Gina Marie Design, Scalloped Stitched Rectangle

 

3 comments:

  1. Martha will love this
    Its beautiful
    Hope your friend gets better soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Pam. I love the coloring of the oversized floral image. I'm sure Martha will enjoy this. Thank you so much for sharing with Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a stunning card, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I am truly SO grateful for you and all the wonderful art you share with us. Have a blessed week.

    I also wanted to let you know about the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop taking place now. It's a short hop with a fun prize. Just in case you'd like to hop along.
    www.reasonableribbon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete