Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Butterflies and Blooms

Today I'm sharing a recent birthday card I made for a customer's order.  She didn't select any particular image, just wanted something special for a friend's birthday card. 

For requests like that I usually go straight to my racks of Penny Black stamps.  I found this new one called 'Botanical Notes' and like many of their floral images can be used for many occasions. 



 I stamped the image and used my Copic markers for coloring all the different areas of this image.  After using the bold colors the white stark background was too much for me, so I lightly shaded in the background also with Copic G12. 

If you look closely the top rose is off the background.   The way I accomplished this was to die cut from the bottom with the top cutting plate edge stopping at the top of the image in line with where I wanted the pedals to be extended off. I used Sizzix, Stitched Square Framelits. I used a ruler to draw the horizonal lines from the rose to the edge and then hand cut those and around the rose itself.

I selected a deep orange A2 card base that coordinated with the butterfly and secured the mint green background mat on as the first layer.  Next I cut and secured the yellow matting behind the completed image, ensuring it didn't extend under the rose.  I added several small pieces of fun foam under the rose pedals for support, then secured this section to the center of the card, tilting it to the left slightly.

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Sentiment Strips, Background Strips.  I also added a thin strip of fun foam behind it before securing it to the card front.  ** This completed the card design and my customer and her friend loved the card. 

**I actually added a white organza bow to the card before delivering it - and forgot to take another photo.  Don't you hate when that happens! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beautiful Blossoms ~ Challenge 12  

Daisy Chain ~ Challenge 81 ~ No Design Paper  

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 82   

Triple B Challenge ~ January Challenge  

Unicorn Challenge ~ Challenge 94 ~ Birthday 

Penny Black - January Challenge ~ Something New ~ Winner $20 123 Stitch

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Seal: E53, Butterfly: YR02, E97, YR18, BG57, Roses: R56, R95, R93, Y26, Leaves: G85, G46, G82, YG93, Background: G12


Products 






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card
    Vibrant colors xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely coloring, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Pam - and yes, I have even had to ask the recipient of a card to photograph it for me, as I had sent it off before I realised I had not taken a photo!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Pam! Your wonderful colouring really brings the flowers to life. I love the idea of the petal going over the edge!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete