Sunday, February 19, 2023

You Know You're Old When...

Happy birthday to my sweet husband today! 

Since I'm a bit older than he is, I can enjoy teasing him about getting old.  His salt and pepper hair and mostly white beard are sure to get him the Senior Discount anywhere we go.

For his special birthday card, I have selected Bugaboo Stamps, Gus Birthday Rocking Chair. 



 If you've been using digital files for card making for a while, I'm sure you are also missing Bugaboo Stamps. Another small business that has closed and greatly missed by many! 

Ole Gus and his funny sentiments are great for so many occasions.  Of course with the birthday guy being a huge Clemson fan, it was easy to select shades of purple and orange for the Copic coloring.  

I used Memory Makers,  Matinee Rectangles for the stitched die cut edge on the image and the sentiment.  The 6" card base is covered with celebration ribbon paper and a solid lavender strip across the center.  After securing the image and sentiment on top, I added the dark orange twine and the clock charm at the bow. Lastly I added glossy accents to his eyes to give him a little more wide eyed look. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Time Out Challenge ~ Challenge 232 ~ Happy 9th Birthday 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 488 ~ Birthdays 

Sparkles Form Challenge ~ Challenge 161 ~ For Men Only  

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge 461 

Bizzy Bec's Store ~ February Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Balloon: BV08, BV04, BV02, Hat: YR07, BV08, Hair: N5, N4, N2, Shirt: N0, N1, Shorts: YR07, YR18, Socks: N4, BV04, Chair: E17, E19, Packages: YR04, YR07, BV08, BV04, Shadow: W3

 


 

7 comments:

  1. This is the funniest
    I love it
    Definitely made me laugh
    Love the coloring and his expression
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and funny card, and perfect for our challenge. Great choice of paper and colors. Thanks for joining in our birthday celebration at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Pam. Gus is colored beautifully. I'm sorry to hear that Bugaboo has closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Pam - make the most of (gently) teasing your man - love your card - that is a fabulous image and sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image and super fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he he.. such a fun sentiment Pamela..love the cute image..Thank you so much for joining in with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, love it. Fabulous image, love your colouring and choice of background to compliment. Thank you for sharing and joining in with our monthly challenge at Bizzy Becs.
    Karen DT

    ReplyDelete