Monday, February 27, 2023

Big and Bold Birthday Wishes


No matter how harsh your winter is in the north or how gentle it is in the south, don't we all just love to see the first sign of spring when the daffodils start popping up! 

Today's card is a special birthday card I made for one of my church ladies.  I've selected Sweet n' Sassy's Spring Blossoms set, and used the single daffodil and the sentiment. 



 

I stamped the large flower across my card front paper and then added the 'Happy Birthday' under it.  I used Momento, Tuxedo Black for the image and Versa Clair ,Nocturne for the sentiment.  

I used Copic markers for the coloring and then die cut the edge of the completed image and the stripped matting with Tattered Lace, Pearl Circles die set. 

I wanted the card base to continue the bright yellow warm spring color, so I made the 6" square base using half of a 12" x 12" coordinating cardstock piece. 

I secured the matting and the colored image in the center of the card.  I really like the wider mat for this one, both to break up the continues yellow and to allow the image to be grounded.  Since this one was going in the mail the same day as I made it, I elected to skip the bow ~ but could have easily added one.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

AAA Cards ~ Challenge 240 ~ Circles 

Just Us Girls ~ Challenge 668 ~ CAS + Coloring  

Time Out Challenge ~ Challenge 232 ~ Happy 9th Birthday

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products







https://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/spring-blossoms-clear-stamp-set/

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Spring card
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Pamela! Love your coloring too! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls for CAS Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says Spring more than the bright yellow daffodils, Pam, and yours is lovely. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out and Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam this is stunningly gorgeous, daffodils are perfectly coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Springtime card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely spring card! Thank you for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! I love the clean look and the fresh spring colors.Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete