Monday, February 13, 2023

My Heart Belongs To You

Valentine's Day is almost here!  

Today I'm happily posting as one of the Guest Designers for Conie Fong Art.  I've selected 'I Love You Benny' for my first posting.





Isn't he just perfect for a special Valentine's Day card!

To make this card, I sized Benny to just under 3" and printed him on Neenah 110# card stock.  I used my Copic markers for coloring and have referenced them below.  

Separately I sized a sign post to fit beside Benny, and layered the sentiment 'My Heart Belongs to You' on the sign.  After printing and coloring, I carefully hand cut the sign out.   

I used a stitched circle die for the image and a simple circle die for the deep red matting. I secured the image to the background, then added a few strokes of grass, and secured the sign close to the little boy.   Next I carefully cut the right side of the circle off as close to the sign as possible. 

After grabbing a 6" square card base, I added the coordinating blue background cardstock.  Instead of using ribbon for the horizonal strip I found a scrap of the heart patterned paper.  I matted it on the same red cardstock as the circle, then secured it across the center of the card.  Next I added the top image layer being sure I had it aligned with the right edge of the blue background paper.  Then for the final step, I added the red organza bow to complete my design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Allsorts  ~ Week 715 ~ All About Hearts

Craft Rockets ~ Challenge  100 ~ Love/Valentines 

Crafty Gals Corner ~ Challenge 240 ~ Add a Heart 

Passion for Promarkers ~ Week 676 ~ Add a Heart

 

Pam's Pearls

Copics: 

Hair: E21, E23, E25, Shirt: N0, Sweater Vest: BG49, BG57, Jeans: B91, B93, B95, B97, Shoes: N2, N3, N4, N5, Heart: R29, R46, RV10, RV11, Shadow: W3, W2


Products:




8 comments:

  1. A sweet mage and Valentines card, many thanks for sharing another us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes he is just perfect
    I'm in love ❤️
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sweet card Pam. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. I love how the image shape goes off the page. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
    Congrats on your guest DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and adorable. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet card. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Pam - beautifully coloured image and fabulous layout
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute image. Very lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete