Monday, February 6, 2023

You Inspire Me

Happy first Monday of February and Happy Birthday to ME!

Today I'm posting with the Design Team from Jan's Digital Stamps as we share our cards to inspire you.  We also hope you'll join us on Jan's Challenge Blog with your cards.

For today's card, I'm sharing Jan's Peony Bloom image in a special card that I made for Jan's Birthday! 



 For this design, I have 'stacked' the flowers using Photoshop Elements layering.  After printing I colored the lovely flowers with my Copic markers.  I've never used this combination of Copics on flowers, but I love the vintage look that was achieved. 

Along with that look, I added a newspaper print paper for the larger mat.  Both the newsprint and the image were die cut using Gina Marie Designs, Scalloped Stitched Rectangle dies.  At this point I also cut a solid brown rectangle mat slightly larger than the image. This dark mat will separate the two and ground the colored flowers.   

Instead of adding a Happy Birthday sentiment across the bottom, I decided on this charm that says 'Inspire' especially for the recipient.  I ran a piece of tiny washi tape across the area where I wanted it to go, then secured the charm with a heavy duty glue dot.  I used two tiny black enamel dots to cover the holes in each side of the charm to complete my design. 

Be sure to hop over to the challenge blog to see the other Design Team cards and to enter yours! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 103

2 Sisters on the Blog ~ Challenge 71 ~ Three Colors (tan, gold, green)  

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ February Challenge  

Beautiful Blossoms ~ Challenge 1 

Bizzy Bec's ~ February Challenge  ( Top 3)

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ January  (Runner Up

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 247


Pam's Pearls


Copics:

Leaves & Stems: BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, Flowers: E40, E41, E42, E43, E0000, 
Centers: YR23, YR27

Products:





13 comments:

  1. Pam, your lovely monochromatic creation certain brings out the vintage flavor of Jan's flower, and the more "botanical" feel with the layers behind it. Loving the highlights you achieved with your Copics. Thanks for featuring Jan's Peony so beautifully!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is gorgeous. I totally love it. I wish you a very happy happy birthday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite colours are shades of brown and I just love this beautiful card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to You Pam! This is such a beautiful and vintage theme. Thanks for another wonderful team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning, Pam! I love the neutrals and the background with the text layer peeking out is such a novel idea.
    Hugs
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Pam, I hope you had a lovely day.
    Your card is gorgeous, such beautiful colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm popping back in to say thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow very nice card.
    Thanks for sharing at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the colouring Pam...
    Hello, I just want to let you know that the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge has a new name and blog address. You can find it here. Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    We hope to see you there.
    ~ Asha DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully composed, Pam! Love the monochromatic coloring and the coordinating papers. The copper plaque is the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing your remarkable creation with us at "Beautiful Blossoms" Challenge. I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy birthday, I have been away so this is a bit late,
    Lovely image and colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love your design and colouring - so pretty. Thank you for sharing and joining in with us at Bizzy Becs for our Monthly Challenge
    Karen DT

    ReplyDelete