Saturday, February 25, 2023

Happy Mother's Day ~

Happy Saturday from the Polkadoodles Design Team.  Today on the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog, we are sharing Mother's Day cards for your inspiration.  I hope you'll check out that link and enter your cards also.

But first I'll share my DT card and a few details. 

I selected Polkadoodles, Blossoming Winnie because I loved her sweet face and the full bouquet.  Any Mom would like this image. 




I started by sizing Winnie to about 3" tall and printed her on 110# Neenah card stock.  I've used Copic markers for my coloring and listed the pens I used in the 'Products' section.

When I went to the die cutting area in my craft room, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to use the oval shape I'd decided on ~ I had the image too close to the edge of the paper.  So I went with an altered design and was able to still use Gina Marie Designs, Pleated Oval.  I positioned the plates to start cutting just below her feet, then I trimmed after that to get the straight edge.  Next I secured the colored piece to a piece of red cardstock and trimmed around the edge to give it a little contrast.

I selected the floral patterned paper from Polkadoodles, Serenity Spring Surprise Craft Papers (PD8125).  As you can see in the design, I added a strip of the red cardstock and an additional smaller strip of the floral pattern. Then I secured the image and the sentiment to this and secured the layered piece on to a 6" card base.  For the final touch I added the lavender organza bow at the top fold. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Alphabet Challenge ~ XOXO 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 652 ~ Love/Valentine  

Elliebelle's Corner ~ February ~ Anything Goes  

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge ~ #103  

Cutie Pie ~ Challenge 179 ~ Hearts/Flowers ~ Valentine/Mother's Day  

World Wide Crafters and Colorist Challenge ~ February

 

Pam's Pearls

 Copics: 

Hair: E41, E42, E43, Flowers: BV02/BV13, Y15/Y06, R46/R24/R21, Leaves: G43, G82, G46, Ribbon: BV21, BV34, Dress: R46, R24, R21, Shoes, R21


Products:






 

6 comments:

  1. Darling! Great color combination, and that background paper goes so nicely! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is darling
    Awwweeeee
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and lovely - brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card with a beautiful sketch and image!
    Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful image - your colouring is so lovely! Thanks for joining my 'hugs and kisses' theme at Alphabet Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly gorgeous Mothers Day card. Thank you for sharing with The Cutie Pies. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete