Wednesday, November 10, 2021

New Paper Storage Adventure

For today's posting, I wanted to share a little from my reorganizing of my craft room.  

Before I start, here's today's card ~ one of the results of this project.


After many years of scrapbooking, when I turned to card making I had an endless supply of 12 x 12 papers and pads.  My huge floor to ceiling bookcase was crammed full, yet I started buying the convenient 6 x 6 pads. I found that the shelves or paper, although organized by color, were hard to see, hard to get just one sheet out, and just overwhelming for the most part.

So, as crazy as it may sound, I started cutting the 12 x 12 papers into 6 x 6. Yes, it didn't take long before I was saying to myself, 'Who's bright idea was this?  I'll never get to the end!".  But I kept working each day until I had most of the patterned paper done!  I elected to leave the solids as now I had them down to a manageable area and could see those shades.

8 1/2" x 11" and 12" x 12" papers


I also found that the priority mail mailing box (shoe box size) worked perfectly to hold the newly cut 6 x 6 papers. They are easy to see now, and the trays can even be pulled out and moved to my workspace if necessary.

 Eventually I'll go back and cover the boxes ~ 

6" x 6" papers 


The results have been amazing!   Now it's not a chore to find the right background paper AND I'm using the huge stash of paper on hand!  

So back to today's card - a sketch challenge - This adventure was certainly worth all the time it took. 

Happy crafting my friends! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Crafters Cafe ~ November 

Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper ~ November 

Crafter's Castle ~ November

 

Pam's Pearls

 

 








4 comments:

  1. You have been busy, Looks great. I need to get more organized with my cardstock. It's so hard to find what I need. Thanks for the Inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to store paper by colour, pre-cut to a manageable size and in such a handy storage system!
    what a fun card you made too :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card and an epic project!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete