Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Hauling In the Birthday Wishes!

Today I'm sharing a birthday card I was commissioned to make... Boy birthday and he loves all kinds of tractors, heavy equipment and especially Excavators! 

I don't know about you - but a stamp or image of an excavator just isn't in my large inventory.  I was thrilled to locate this single line drawing that will work great - and here's the completed card.  



 I used Copic markers for the coloring and then added the deep blue clouds.  For the clouds, I used a 'cloud stencil' and a smoky grey/blue Distressed Oxide.

For the sentiment, I merely typed and printed it from my computer, then backed it with the red accent paper.  

I cut a 12 x 12" blue cardstock in half and made the card base.  The sketch layout was one that we'd used not too long ago for a weekend challenge.   The yellow dotted paper is cut 1/4" smaller than the card base.  Then the vertical paper is added as the top layer.  I then positioned the colored image, secured it, and then added the matted sentiment.

I think it turned out super cute and his Dad seemed very pleased when he picked them up. So how about you ~ when's the last time you've made a card using  a sketch challenge based on the others you saw? 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

 The Cutie Pie Challenge #165

Crafty Calendar ~ November 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge #219 

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge #227


Pam's Pearls



Copics:Truck: R35, R46,C0-C8, Excavator: Y15, Y18, YR20, C0-C8, Dirt: E30, E31, E23,  

Products: 

No mfg ~ Google image




 

 



2 comments:

  1. I think you are very creative and clever to come up with this design and I also think it is perfect for a little boy, he will surely love it! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative process to your card. Little ones LOVE watching construction equipment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday blog!

    ReplyDelete