Saturday, March 20, 2021

You're My Love Mug!

It's finally here again! Today is the first day of the 2021 Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop with over 60 sponsors, tons of prizes and even a few free digital images.

The image I'm using today is My Love Mug from Polka Dot Orchard and it just happens to be the FREEBIE of the week on her site.  You can visit the website and get yours this week only, during the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop




 For this card, I sized the mug image to about 3" square and placed the sentiment to the side.  After printing on Neenah 110# cardstock, I began coloring with my Copic markers.  I used BG11, BG13, and BG15 for the mug, then started at the top with RV95 for the heart.  Within the next few seconds, the Copic BLOB Nightmare Happened!


What would you do?  Trash it?  Nope, not me. I kept going and simply cut the image out, and separated the sentiment into a fishtail banner. 

Additionally I used the Simon Says Twisted Stitch Scalloped border for the edging on the top flap  and the My Favorite Things Stitched Scalloped Basic Edger for the bottom edging flap under the mug. I also used a standard Brick embossing folder on white cardstock for the brick background in the middle of the card.   The coffee was colored using Copic E35.

After I mounted and secured the layers and the colored Love Mug, I used the micro gold metallic washi tape and a deep green button to make the sentiment banner appear to be hanging and to complete this card. 

Can't wait to see what your freebie Love Mug is going to look like. Don't forget to post your completed card on Friends of Polka Dot Orchard on Facebook ~ Here

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

2021 Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop 

Crafty Gals ~ Challenge #217 ~ Green  

Watercooler ~ Challenge 311 ~ Feminine 



 Pam's Pearls

Products Used: 


8 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Great job on fixing the dreaded blob. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Save Pam! I hate those copic blobs. A really good solution. And your project turned super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image and save. I always try to find a fix before I scrap it. Your card is great. This is a great coffee hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummyy!!!!! I love it.
    Thank you for the inspiration.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that beautiful mug and the great colors and papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of that design. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete