Monday, March 29, 2021

Why Fit In When You Were Born to STAND OUT!

Recently I needed to make a card for the 'Big Brother' after the arrival of a new baby.  I think making cards for kids that are not quite a teenager and yet over the 'baby' things can be just as tough as those masculine cards we all dread to make some days. 

However I truly feel that it is just as important to send cards to kids who have new siblings - especially when they were the only child before. We can not tell our children (and grandchildren) enough about how amazing they are and how proud we are of them.

When I ran across this Dr. Seuss quote, I finally knew the path I wanted this card to take.  Our nephew has already been through more in his lifetime than many do their entire life. He is one amazing young man and will be an outstanding big brother. 

Here's my finished card that went to him along with a few details on how it's made.  



 For this card I used Whimsy Stamps' Space Dragon and Moon Background stamps, both by artist Dustin Pike. 

After stamping on Neenah 110# card stock, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I used Echo Park Summertime Seashells and yellow Quick Quotes Chalking Ink for the stencil stars.   

The sentiment from Dr. Seuss was self typed and cut with a fishtail die, then backed with a 1/8" mat of bright yellow-green. I used a 5 1/2" square white card base and covered the front with a deep purple.   The completed image was secured in the middle of the card and then the sentiments were added to complete the card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Gem of a Challenge ~ Week #7

 Castle Crafters ~ March ~ Challenge #39 

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge #453 ~ Stencil It 

A Bit More Time to Craft ~ Challenge #136 

The Dream Factory ~ Challenge #90 ~ Zootopia 

Happy Stampers ~ March ~ Stencils 

Academy of ScrapArt ~ March ~ Challenge #174 

Alphabet Challenge ~ Z -Zoology

Festive Friday~FF0080 (Bright colors, patterned paper, square card)


Pam's Pearls


Copics Used:  Planet: B63, B66, B69, V00, V04, V93, V95, Rocket:  C3, C4, C5, W4, BG72, BG74, Y15, YR15, R14, R35, V01, Dragon: YG07, B63, B66, W4, BV04, BG10


Products Used:



Whimsy Stamps, Moon Background





 

 

 

21 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Totally love your encouragement card idea - Thanks for joining us at HLS Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous fun card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card with beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your nephew will adore this fantastic card and keep it safe so he can proudly show it to his little brother, or sister later! Thank you so much for taking part in our Dream Factory Challenge. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun card but I'm not sure it fits with our theme as a dragon is a mythical creature. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Beautiful Cards and Images. Visit Now: Custom Bath Bomb Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a very intresting article, i really like that. Visit Now: Custom Essential Oil Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  9. its very informative article, i really like that, best mattress for side sleepers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Box style also plays its part in deciding either your essential oil packaging box will be expensive in rates or not.Essential Oil Packaging Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is very frinedly. I really like if can you write on. Custom Bath Bomb Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have study your article. it's far very exciting and precious to us. I admit the valuable information you provide on this content. thank you for sharing with us. Best Mattress for Heavy Couples

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have taken a look at your article. it is very exciting and valuable to us. I admit the valuable data you provide on this content. Thanks for sharing with us. We offers Best Velvet Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards and images, I really appreciate. we are offering Corner sofa in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have read your article its very exciting and informative. May you like Corner sofa

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are a manufacturer of all kinds of sofa, and we work with the best materials and creators.
    Corner Sofa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such a nice post, very informative article. please visit now Sofa sale

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI,
    Great Blog I really enjoy your blog I need some tips for my Outbound call center if you have good tips kindly share with me I shall be very grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I appreciate your post thanks for sharing the information.
    bulk Cube boxes
    white Cupcake boxes

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete