Monday, March 8, 2021

Consider Yourself Vintage

What is one of your favorite family traditions when it comes to celebrating birthdays?

I think most of my family would answer ~ we celebrate them all month long!

My Dad turned 85 this past Thursday, March 4th and our celebrating hasn't stopped.  As we enjoyed having lunch with him today, I gave him this card as a representation of what was originally his Dad's truck.  It warmed my heart to see him admire my artwork and then to listen to him tell several stories of long ago life events that included how the truck could still make it to California if it needed to.   




 Our guys do love their old trucks, old clocks, old knives etc. To me it's important to capture these memories for our children and grand children.  It doesn't matter if it's with photos in an album, scrapbooks, cards, or just notes in a journal, don't loose those precious memories.

This image was obtained from Goggle 'free Chevy 1966 truck'.  I used Copic markers for coloring and they are referenced below.  The edging on the image and the green mat were achieved using the Memory Box Matinee Rectangle dies.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamps and the card base is 5 1/2" square.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Color My Heart ~#433 ~ (Center column Vertical)Color of Love

Sparkles Forum ~ #137 ~ On the Farm 

Crafty Friends ~ #150 March 

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 3

Crafts Galore Encore ~ #85 March    


 Pam's Pearls


Copics Used: Truck: E70, E04, RV95, R56, N2, W3, Y21, Bumper: RV69, R39, YR18, YR20, YR30 Y08, Y00, C1, Tires: N3, N5, N7, Grass: YG63, YG67, YG93, W2, W3, Sunrise: YR65, E95, R11, Y32, YR21, Y15, Sky: B000

Products:






8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic story and a fantastic card. It looks just like the photo! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured truck and a great layout. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sparkles monthly Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your card and telling a story. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story you tell is so true. It is important to remember our past. Especially now! Fantastic card and thank you for joining us at CMHCD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun how many conversations can come with a card bringing back memories. What a great memory card for your Dad, I'm sure he will treasure it... handsome card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun cheeky card! its always tough to create a masculine card but you've done a great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! I love the way you colored the car, it's brilliant!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete