Wednesday, March 24, 2021

To My Favorite Chick

 With this past weekend being National Poultry Day, 

what better time to make a CHICKEN card!  


I've selected Angie Blom's Ruffle My Feathers for this challenge.


I decided my card needed to have several layers and definitely some chicken wire.  I started by sizing the rooster to approximately 4" tall x 3" wide, printing the image on Neenah 110# card stock and then coloring with my Copic markers.  The edge of the image is die cut using Sizzix Stitched Framelits and set aside.  

The 5" card base is covered with a base layer of black dotted swiss cardstock.

 For the next layer, I used the Taylored Expression Chicken Wire embossing folder and a piece of silver cardstock to make the chicken wire strip (2" x 5") and glued it down the left side of the card. 

I cut the red dotted swiss mat (for the next layer up) approximately 1/4" larger than the colored image and secured the colored image to this mat, then to the right bottom corner of the card base.  

I added a 1/4" red ribbon near the fold of the card and knotted it about an inch from the top.  I added the open heart charm and securely knotted the ribbon to hold the charm in place. 

Lastly I added the digitally printed, fishtail cut sentiment at an angle above the chicken's head.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

 

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge #48 

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge #89 ~ Outdoors 

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 144 ~ CAS 

CD Sunday ~ Challenge #56 ~ Anything Goes 

The Paper Players ~ PP533 ~ CAS  


 Pam's Pearls

Copics Used: Head: R29, R35, R46, Feet: YR23, YR27, Beak: R35, Body: BV25, BV23, BV31, BV20, V20, V22, C4, C2, C1, N3

Products:




https://www.sizzix.com/662231/sizzix-framelits-die-set-6pk-stitched-squares
Sizzix Stitched Framelits







9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I like the chicken image and your sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the details on your card are perfect. I love the embossed silver strip and the heart charm. Plus I love all chicken cards, tags, and projects. Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges. Hope you'll link up again!
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card. I love the sentiment and the addition of the heart charm.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this card! I like the colours, the chicken and especially the chicken wire embossed card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way he is colored in grey, the chicken wire background, and added charm too. Very striking card! Thanks for joining in on our CAS Animal challenge at The Paper Players! Please come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very fine chicken indeed and I love the colours you have used for your card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one handsome chicken. Great card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful chicken! I love all the wonderful little details you added to your card. The chicken wire is the perfect accent! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card, loving the chidcken and the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete