Thursday, March 18, 2021

Where God Guides He Provides

Today I'd like to share another silhouette card with you.  I love how well the scripture from Isaiah 58:11 fits this farm scene perfectly.


For this card, I started with the American Crafts Vine of Leaves Stencil and Distressed Oxides Wild Honey and Carved Pumpkin. Personally, I like using heavy weight watercolor paper for stenciling with my oxides.  

The farm scene die was a gift so I do not have a manufacturer for the reference to share on this one.  The sentiment was taken from the Lori Whitlock Follow with Faith 6 x 6 paper pad.  This paper pad (and entire line) is worth looking for. The images and scriptures are exceptional for card making and many other crafts.

I cut the oxide background to 2-1/2" x 5".  Then I cut the olive green and gray matting each 1/4" larger, and made the black card base 3-1/4" x 5-3/4" with a top fold.  Each layer was securely glued to the base to build the silhouette card up with the sentiment being the top layer.

I also cut a white liner 3" x 5-1/2" and secured inside the card for the writing surface. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.


 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful silhouette, contrasts so beautifully with the lovely colours of the background, lovely sentiment too!
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely silhouette card Pamela. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The Bible verse is so true. Even when we don't believe it sometimes. God is in control. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! The background colours and stenciling provide such a beautiful backdrop for those die cut silhouettes - wonderful 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Country View Challenges! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stencilled background looks amazing - thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday too! Hugs, Jo x

      Delete
  5. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Love the gorgeous background. Good to see you in the HLS gallery. Hope you will join us again this month. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete