Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Faith is Being Sure of What We Hope For

As the 2021 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop continues, I'd like to share my second card entry today.

I made this card using Polka Dot Orchard's coffee cup image from the Everlasting Happiness package and added the sentiment from The Way of Beauty package.



I sized the cup to about 3" square and added the sentiment to the right, sizing it about 1-1/2" wide and about 3" long.  After printing this on Neenah 110# cardstock, I used my Copic markers for coloring and the Gina Marie Designs Labels 3 for the edging.  I also took Copic BG75 and carefully marked the outer edge of the die to give it a little contrast against the matting. 

Next I cut two coordinating colors of dotted swiss paper at the diagonal corners and mounted each piece to a standard A2 card base.  I secured the colored image to the center of the card and added the yellow twine bow.  After deciding it needed just a little something more, I found one of my flourish dies and cut it out using a scrap piece of cream-colored cardstock.  I used Copic E31 to color it the same as the lightest shade of the coffee and clipped three of the swirls off, then carefully glued them on top of the coffee image. This finished the card off perfectly.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.


 

16 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and what a great sentiment.

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and great colour choice. The sentiment is lovely too. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I like how you made the steam. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coffee creation! I like the steam.

    I’m hoping over from the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pretty Daffodil really pops against the teal coloured background, many thanks for joining in with my 'Spring Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Great for the coffee hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, I love the sentiment, I like the die cut making the coffee look hot
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of the two dotty papers and their placement.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever with the swirls. I have made a mental note. Great card.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout and beautiful colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card design with the lovely cup and wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete