Tuesday, March 9, 2021

My Song

For the weekend challenge and my card swap group, we were asked to make cards using a silhouette.  Thank goodness she didn't ask us to use the Silhouette machine!  One of these days I'm going to master that monster under the gray cover over there!  I just happen to enjoy my Sizzix machine and all my many dies!  

I was also lucky in that earlier in the week while shopping at a Tuesday Morning store, I had picked up a wonderful 6" pad of paper from Echo Park called Forward with Faith by Lori Whitlock.  As I flipped through it, the first scripture sentiment that caught my eye was Exodus 15:2 ~

The Lord is My Strength & My Song

I knew the perfect die to go with that one!

Here's my completed card, then a few details about creating it.


Isn't that a great match up?

Many years ago, a close friend gifted the Jazz players silhouette die to me.  After cutting it out in black cardstock, I began with the light green cross patterned paper from the same paper pack.  The next layer is the pink graph-like paper that is the background of the sentiment, and the final layer is the black card base.  I offset the players to the right and added a strip on the left of the black cardstock, then mounted the scripture sentiment on top of the black vertical strip. The layering with the black being the bottom color really makes the top image pop.

This is the 6 x 6 paper pad that I had purchased.  It's a great collection that will certainly give me many projects and cards.  Hope you can find one too!



Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards.

Pam's Pearls


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! I love those jazz players, so dapper in their tuxedos. The green and pink look great with the black.

    Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up for our Black & White + a Pop of Color challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card! Thanks for entering our March Silhouettes challenge over at Country View xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card and so pleased you joined us at crafty catz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our March 'Silhouette' challenge over at Country View Challenges. Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that your "song" is a jazz song. That die was the perfect one to use. Both of my sons have been in Jazz ensembles so I have listened to a lot of jazz. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Remember if you want to be considered for a prize you need to display the challenge graphic on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you card - just cannot find the stencil in your project - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations March Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete