Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Snowflake Bauble

Like many of us, I saw several cards like today's being posted last year and couldn't find the stencil anywhere.  Of course you forget about it then BAM ~ you attend an event and there is someone with it willing to share!  What's even better is she was able to tell me where to order it!  

Sweet Poppy, Snowflake Bauble is one of the large thin metal stencils.  I love how my first attempt turned out and certainly hope to make a few more!   



I started with a larger piece (6" x 8') of mixed media paper and taped it to my glass mat.  I used Distressed Oxides and makeup brushes for the coloring and have referenced the colors at the bottom. 

I have a scrap of thick paper that I die cut a 'hill' on both sides to use as a mask.  It's metallic pink in the photo.  I slid it under the die to about the spot I thought I wanted to have the hill(s) in my design.  Then as you can see, I added a little light blue both at the top and bottom. 


Then I started at the top, not wanting to smear my work with my arm, and added the desired shades of oxides to the design.   When I was back on the bauble again, I shifted the 'hill' mask up to make the line of the horizon, using the yellows and applying upwardly.



When completed, I carefully removed the mask - only to see two errors.  Nice ORANGE spot right in the center, and no outside edge of the bauble where I had the mask.    Again using the side of the mask, I positioned it to the rounded edges of the bauble and added a little more blue so the edges were complete. 

The hardest part to me is next, deciding what will fit in this tiny space using the silhouette stamps that I have.  I took a good bit of time, laying different combinations our on the bauble to figure out which grouping I liked.  I used a stamping block and black Versa Claire ink to stamp the trees, fairy and pair of bunnies.  Can you see that I purposefully stamped the fairy OVER the orange spot?  Never an error, just an opportunity to embellish.

When complete, I trimmed close to the design and mounted on the coordinating cardstock.  I added the sentiment at the bottom right after mounting it also on a scrap of the cardstock.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Build Your Stash Cardmakers - Christmas in July 

The Holly and The Ivy Christmas Challenge ~ Challenge #144 

Crafters Cafe ~ Challenge 299 ~ Christmas in July 

Merry Little Christmas Blog ~ Challenge 51 

Pearly Sparkles ~ Challenge 86 ~ Christmas in July 

ABC Christmas ~ N/O ~ O is for Ornament (top 3)

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ Challenge 7 

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Distressed Oxides used:

Festive Berries, Forest Moss,  Rustic Wilderness, Carved Pumpkin,

Unchartered Mariner

 

Products 



13 comments:

  1. I LOVE it Pam, a gorgeous card and love the way you used the space, it is abit on the small side, but it looks stunning. As for the the orange blot, well years ago as I started crafting, a lady with lots of experience told me there were no such thing as mistakes, just adjustments, :)) I have always remembered her advice, but I must confess, the odd one has hit the bin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooove
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Pam, this is stunning!! I love it! So glad you were able to play with it. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party1

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love this stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful! Even prettier in person! Thanks for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love it. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Christmas in July 2023 Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing result from your first use of this gorgeous stencil Pam... love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzw, this is amazing and so very beautiful! Great stencil work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabulous bauble stencil and love the stamped scene inside.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh- that stencil is fabulous! And you gave it the justice it deserves! Love your "opportunity to embellish" line. I will have to remember it for myself. Love your card, Pam! Thanks for adding it to the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super, super cute, Pam! I just love how it turned out. Great job combining supplies to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Stamp Camp partner… Joyce Verdon

      Delete
  12. Oh how artistically clever you were in the processes you used to create this card!! Brilliant!! Thanks for linking to THAICC and also MLCCB!!! (With the fairy, you can also submit to TFATU if you want.) --Becca (DTs for THAICC and MLCCB; owner/DT for TFATU)

    ReplyDelete