Thursday, July 27, 2023

Holly Jolly Christmas!

For day three of this set of Christmas in July cards, I'm sharing another one I made at Stamp Camp 2023 last week.

This image is from Stamping Bella, and is named Quinn & Her Boots. While she's as cute as can be, this card's focus last week was on the background technique.



 
Under the guidance of several super talented ladies, I learned about Nuvo Shimmer Powders.  On watercolor paper, I stamped the Simon Says 'Outline Snowflakes' background stamp with an embossing pad and heat embossed with white powder.  Then I used 2 shades of the Nuvo Shimmering powders, (Lilac Waterfall and Blue Blitz) and carefully put a small amount randomly around the stamped area.  Then I lightly spritzed the area with water to activate the powders.  You truly have to watch to see how cool it is!  I set it aside to allow drying time and started coloring the Stamping Bella girl.

I colored her with my Copic markers trying to color coordinate with the background.  For the decorative edge, I used Gina Marie's Pierced Nesting Oval dies.  I also added a random Christmas greeting that worked with the image. 

I coordinated the card base by matching her coat, then added the images slightly to the right of center to allow as much of the snowflake background to show that was possible. 

Lastly I added the clear dew drops to the center of three of the snowflakes to complete the card design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers ~ Christmas in July 

Christmas Craft Creations ~ July 

Sparkles Forum ~ Challenge 116 ~ Christmas in July  

World Wide Crafters and Colourist ~ Challenge 7


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Snow: B60,B63, Hat, Scarf, & Boots: BV02, BV13, Coats, BG45, BG49, BG53, BG57, Skirt & Tights: N2, N4 N5, N7  


Products 

Stamping Bella, Quinn Girl








11 comments:

  1. Oh Pam what a gorgeous card, and an absolutely gorgeous background. You have colour coordinated the image beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Pam! You've got the background down perfectly! All your wonderful work and details make this card off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Pam!! Your background and use of hose Nuvo powders is FABULOUS!! It's tempting me to make a purchase! Thanks for adding your card to the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Pam! I am loving your color combo and that cute gal! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purva Aerocity is designed with an emphasis on sustainability and modern architecture. The development includes residential towers, commercial spaces, retail outlets, and green spaces, all constructed with eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient technologies. The use of renewable energy sources, such as solar panels and wind turbines, underscores its commitment to reducing the carbon footprint.
      https://www.apsense.com/article/purva-aerocity-features-looking-price-environmentally-price-features.html

      Delete
  5. Love this little gal and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! Love her and love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic colouring on this super card and great design. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sparkles with this beaty.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that gorgeous background. Great job! Great to see your card over at Christmas Craft Creations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the embossing and powders made for a gorgeous snowy background for your sweet image! Such a festive Christmas card!! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    Katrina DT

    ReplyDelete