Friday, July 7, 2023

Sharing Craft Time

Not every crafter has the luxury or gift of time to craft with their child.... especially your adult children.  The older my daughter Kimberly gets the more we seem to enjoy our crafting time together and we work to schedule those days.

We live just over an hour apart, so it's not like we can just run across town, or up the road ~ it's an effort and takes planning. We've done a little traveling to craft and of course attend two weekend retreats together locally. 

This past Christmas we gifted her about half of the set of Copic markers, which caught her totally off guard. We've already enjoyed many days with the beginning skills of Copic coloring. 

But today I'm sharing a quick colored pencil piece we both did earlier this week for the Facebook site, Adult Coloring Challenge.  This week's free image from Celeste Mayer included a horse which I knew would be right up Kimberly's alley!  When they came up for the 4th I had two prints ready for us to color together.  It was her first entry for the coloring site. 

Here's mine and then hers. 



We colored these with a combination of Prisma and Brutfuner Colored pencils ~ in memory of her Appaloosa pony Sally.  Mine does look different because I used Gamsol and blending stumps after completing the coloring. 

Cherish the times with friends and family.  I'm looking forward to the next crafting time with my daughter!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site ~ "Not Just Scraps" on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

Pam's Pearls


2 comments:

  1. So sweet to spend time together
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful image to share the colouring of... my daughter cooks as her creative outlet, but my DGD is quite the artist, and has shown her talent since she was very young.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete