Monday, July 31, 2023

Merry & Bright Wishes

Where did July go?  Here it is the last day before a new month so I thought I'd share one more Christmas card.  I'll still be 'sprinkling' a few Christmas throughout the rest of the year too. 

This cutie is named Christmas Cardinals from Beccy's Place.




After sizing and printing him, I used Copic markers for coloring.  I had received a new circle die and was very anxious to try it out.  It's the Memory Box Scallop Pinpoint Circle and it's very delicate as you can see at the bottom in the reference part. 

However when I cut the image (using the largest die), the pretty decorative edge was on the OUTSIDE frame, not on the image part.  So I was left with the image just being cut in a circle.  Boy was I disappointed!  But it was my fault.  He laid on my desk for a day - I'd go to throw him away and just couldn't.  Finally my friends convinced me to cut the die in black and use the framed piece with the image so I could complete the card design.  

As you can see, that's what I did and I'm glad I didn't trash this cute little cardinal!  I added the red snowflake matting to the gray card base and then secured all the layers.  The bright red organza bow at the top fold completed the card which I think came out super cute. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beccy's Place ~ July Challenge  

Dragonfly Dreams ~ Christmas in July  

My Time to Craft ~ #65 ~ Cute Christmas  (Top 3)

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 499 ~ Christmas in July


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

R24, R35, R46, YR00, W3  


Products  


Beccy's Place, Christmas Cardinals  




3 comments:

  1. What a sweetie that image is Pam - so glad you completed this fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection !!!!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you persisted Pam, your card is so cute! The black contrasts beautifully with the red and white, and I love the delicate scallop around the edge of the circle. The big red bow is a perfect addition, it makes me think of beautifully wrapped gifts. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete