Monday, March 13, 2023

You Totally Rock!

It's not every day that you get to celebrate an 87th birthday with your Dad.  I'm happy to say, after a week plus of being sick, we were able to do just that yesterday! 

Happy Birthday Dad!  


Since my dad has always been the jokester, I wanted a somewhat funny image for his birthday card.  I've selected Beccy's Place, All That Jazz and used the Basset Hound playing the bass violin.   I know he will be a hit for my Dad's special day and would be great for a birthday of any age. 

I used my Copic markers for coloring and then a double notched rectangle die for the image and the black matting.  My Dad happens to be the best in the world, a definite 'Rock Star' so I selected the multicolored metallic paper to cover the white 6" square card base.   After adding the image and background to the card base, I added the sentiment and black matting to the right of the image.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

The Outlaw Challenge ~ March ~ Music Makes the World Go Round  

Daring Cardmakers ~ March ~ Spots & Stripes  

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 503 ~ Birthday 

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge 257 ~ birthday for a Child  

Cardz 4 Guyz ~ Challenge 317 ~ Make Us Laugh  

Passion for Promarkers ~ Challenge 680 ~ Animals  

Beccy's Place ~ March Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

 Hat: B41, B24, C3, N4, N7, Dog: E40, E41, E42, E43, E71, W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, Bass Violin: E13, E15, E17, E19, E08, E09

Products 




10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jazzy hound is sure to bring a smile!! Fantastic coloring and shading!! Thanks for play along with our "Make Us Laugh/Smile" challenge over Cardz 4 Guyz.
    -Deb Horst, DT #C4G317

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is awfully cute
    Tell your dad happy birthday
    How blessed for you to have him still
    Amazing
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just wonderful Pam, and I'm sure your Dad is going to love all the work you've put into creating it for him. The colouring is fabulous, I really like the way you grounded the image with the shadows. Perfect choice of paper for the background too.
    Happy Birthday to your dear Dad!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, this is such a fun card! However, we don't accept Greeting Card entries at Paper à la Mode Challenge. I invite you to check out all of the other challenges at The Outlawz for your card entries! https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really fun, Pam! Great coloring. What a blessing to celebrate your Dad's 87th birthday! I'm sure he loved this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Pam, for sharing your wonderful birthday card with us at MTTC! Glad to hear that you're recovering. I've been praying! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card! I will need to get this digi for a great nephew who plays the base!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card, love the label shapes, they really make the image and the sentiment pop! I'm sure your Dad loved this, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dog really made me laugh, what a character! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete