Thursday, March 16, 2023

You Are My Sunshine

After one of my cards winning a blog challenge, I was asked by the coordinator of the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog to post as a Guest Designer with her team in March.  

It's always an honor and privilege to join a team in posting.  The sponsor for the Challenge blog this month is 'Star Stampz' and I'm using their Spring Sun Shine image for my card today. 



 
I started this card by sizing the little girl to about 3 1/2" tall and placing her to the right of my card front template.  I did this intentionally so I would have space for the left side placement of the sentiment.   

I enjoyed coloring this image with the rich aqua blues and shades of yellow.  As you can see she had some grass and flowers around and behind her feet.  I added the blades of grass in the original designs and extended the patch of grassy area over to the left, making it appear she was on a hillside. 

When my coloring was complete, then I took Quick Quotes Canary Yellow chalking ink and a die cut cloud stencil and added 2 rows of puffy yellow clouds behind the girl.  Then I switched to Sky Blue chalking ink and added the additional cloud cover. 

Gina Marie Designs Label Six is my go to die when I've got clouds or sky within my image.  You can see how the edges are rounded - sorta like the clouds.  

For the card base, I selected a sketch design and several coordinating papers.  After securing all the layers to the card base, then I added the completed color image, securing it to the card front center.  I grabbed a sentiment from my stash and stamped it with Versa Clair ink, then die cut to the shape shown.  I secured it closely to the hillside image.  Lastly, I added a gold gemstone to the center of the girl's hat and added the soft organza ribbon and bow at the fold.  

I really like how this one turned out and it will be just right for several occasions.   Thank you C.R.A.F.T. Design team for allowing me to join you today. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 530 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Monday Challenge ~ Whatever the Weather 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ March ~ Outdoors 

The Paper Players ~ Challenge 631 ~ Color swatch Challenge 

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics:

Hat: Y13, Y15, R17, B06, B04, B02, Hair: YR12, YR24, YR27, E39, E59, Dress & Shoes: B06, B04, B02, B01, Y15, Flowers: R17, V17, V12, Grass: G46, G43, G12, Butterfly: V12, R17 

Products:  

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute! I love that sentiment! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Great use of the colors from The PaperPlayers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that big fluffy bow and that gorgeous background. Thanks so much for sharing this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete